After bringing a puppy home most of the house hold owners consider taking him for a walk in the nearby park. To ensure safety, it’s extremely important for the pet owner to become aware about the right time for a puppy to walk around and enjoy. Below are discussed 20 Facts about when do puppies start walking in order to enjoy the world around him.
(1) Newborn is dependent on his mother
A newborn puppy is totally dependent on his mother for their feeding and even care. But after the birth, he certainly has the ability to crawl little distance in order to locate the teats of his mother. He does not have eyes and ears and thereby uses sense of smell to locate his mother.
(2) Energy to walk around differs from breed to breed
It has been found that the energy to walk around and explore certainly differs from breed to breed.
(3) At the age of 2 weeks puppy will start standing
When the puppy is around 2 weeks of age, he gets the ability to stand and even walk a little distance. Besides this, he also gets the ability to hear and see at this specific age.
puppy start standing
(4) Puppy will start playing with littermates at the age of 4 weeks
When the puppy is around 4 weeks of age, he will start playing and running with his littermates. He will enjoy his independence and thereby start playing unique games.
(5) Puppy will try to explore out of the box at 5 weeks
At the age of 5 weeks, the puppy will start exploring out of the box and this is certainly the right time to supervise him properly.
(6) Puppy will start walking and running with confidence
When the puppy is around six to seven weeks of age, he will be walking, running and playing with his littermates with lots of confidence.
Puppies walk on a leash
(7) Puppy will be able to walk on a leash at the age of 8 to 10 weeks
When the puppy is around 8 to 10 weeks of age, he can be allowed to stay separately from his mother and even littermates. At this age, a puppy can easily be trained to walk on a leash and enjoy wonderful games.
(8) Puppy use full energy for proper physical development during 8 to 10 weeks
The puppy ensures to use his full energy for ensuring proper physical development.
Puppies walking rugs and blanket
(9) Soft rugs and blanket provide proper traction to the puppy
Ensure to place soft blanket on the floor as it will provide proper traction to the puppy and enable him to walk in a better way.
(10) Puppies are certainly more aggressive when a man walks with them
When a puppy learns to explore, he is certainly more aggressive when a male walks with him.
(11) Puppies prefer walking with female dogs
According to analysis, it has been found that puppies generally prefer to walk with the female dogs rather than the male ones.
Puppies walking with leash
(12) Getting him used to leash is tough
Getting the puppy used to leash and collar can certainly be very tough. Encourage puppy to walk on a leash by giving him unique treats.
(13) A leash makes puppies more aggressive
After a puppy learns walking, ensure to take utmost level of care while using a leash as it may make him more aggressive.
leash makes puppies more aggressive
(14) Puppies play more than the elder ones when they start walking
Research shows that when a puppy starts walking, he is certainly more playful than his elder one.
(15) Walking and running make them healthier
Walking and running is certainly good for the puppies because it enables them to become healthier.
(16) Walking helps your puppy to get rid of destructive behavior
It has been found that once a puppy learns to walk he is able to get rid of his destructive behavior.
Puppies Start Walking
(17) Puppy is able to build a bond with his master
When a puppy learns to walk he is able to build a strong bonding with his master.
(18) Puppy gains confidence in himself
Once your puppy starts walking and running, he is able to gain confidence in himself.
(19) Walking helps in puppy socialization
Once a puppy learns walking, he is able to become socialized and greet everyone smartly.
(20) Puppy can withstand long period of walking and running at the age of 18 months
Puppy becomes physically matured and can withstand long period of running at the age of 18 months.